18 October 2010
First, it is amazing to me that I can update my blog while standing at a bus stop in the Bronx waiting for the Bx19 to the Botanical Gardens.
Second, I find it amazing also how incredibly easy it is to get a complete stranger to start gushing about his/her life. I mean, seriously - the things they divulge. I was just on the 5 train and I complimented the lady beside me on her hat. That was basically all I said. "I like your hat."
And it was a dope hat. I liked it a lot. Kooky faux fur, white. Somehow, though, by the time I had gotten to my stop, she was starting to tell me about all of her friends who had died recently. This after talking about wanting badly to retire, her dreams of opening a barber shop, her daughter's pregnancy at 14, and the possibility of opening a liquor store with her boyfriend.
Posted by molly roth at 8:40 AM
- ► 2011 (97)
- Happy Halloween. These guys were the first Hallow...
- check out my package
- a cute dead bird :(
- strangers on a train
- Thanks to Kevin for putting this beauty together....
- Having a scanner that works makes me feel like a...
- I miss: my cat, my parents, and watching Project...
- for alison
- diorama progressing
- pathetic diorama
- Last night I ate monster ice cream sandwich...
- ▼ October (20)
- ► 2009 (236)