10 February 2011

My eyeballs hurt because I have slept in my contacts a few nights in a row. I know it's irresponsible, but at the same time, it's so satisfying to awaken, already able to see everything around me perfectly. Beyond that delight, the lenses for my glasses are in pretty rough shape - all scratched up - and therefor provide subpar vision enhancement when compared to the contacts. Also, there's something to be said for the simple experience of not wearing glasses. It's kind of like taking off a mask that I've been wearing almost every waking hour since the third grade.

Last night, I buckled down and committed myself to some serious ArTs N cRaFtS time. And so, check out the fruit of my labor.



I'm not sure where I'm going with it, but I know that a beautiful and heart-tickling story will emerge from this first little panel. I know it doesn't seem like much, but this guy took me a lot longer than a New York Minute to draw. Of course, it was extremely enjoyable to puke out, but I guess I just wish I were faster. Should probably practice more in order to attain more satisfactory speeds. Anyway, at the very least, Hairy and Mr. Topside have been on many more adventures than just this one, watching "Reality TV," so that is something for the world and for me to look forward to.

No comments: